Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Fresh Story of Hyperion Justyce

I was 39 weeks and 1 day when I went into my OB's office and there I was only 1.5cm, thick, and long. I was devastated as I had tried everything. Castor Oil, evening primrose oil, red raspberry leaf tea, sex, walking, bouncing. Everything. So for the second time, he swept my membranes and my mother and I left. We walked around Walmart and I stopped at the grocery store and then home I went.

Having had gone through the sweeping before with no change, I just went about my business and once in bed, contractions started at 1am at 40 minutes apart. By 5am, my contractions were 15 minutes and strong. I couldn't sleep and as the day progressed, they went to 10 minutes and by the evening, I felt I couldn't do it anymore. Finally, my husband and I went in and while I was thinking I would be sent home, I was admitted at a 4-5 cm and stretchy.

I failed doing it naturally, but having not slept, I was too tired to try and got an epi. I almost forced a stadol, but thankfully my husband helped me remember that was the ONE thing I did not want. Finally, relaxed, my friend and husband and myself talked about many things. An hour and a half later, my water broke on its own and I was at 9cm fully effaced. I needed to push, but my doc wasn't there yet. But my body wouldn't wait, and after six pushes, my beautiful son was born.

Weighing 6lbs. 15.43oz and 20 inches long. He is beautiful , loves nursing, is intact and just a wonderful joy to our family.

1 comment:

  1. You didn't fail. You used your education of your birth choices to make the right decision for your birth. You did a wonderful job :)

    Congratulations Mama!

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE comments!! Let us know if you're reading and drop us a line!!